MotionMD allows you to enter payment information for primary and secondary insurance companies.
- Determine whether the patient agreement is being created from a paper PPA.
- Determine whether patient has a date of injury that must be entered.
- Click the Copy Patient Address as Primary Address button, if appropriate.
- Verify or enter Primary Insurance Provider and Primary Insurance Holder Information data.
- Check the box next to Secondary Insurance, if applicable, and enter corresponding information.
- Update patient address, if required.
Complete Notes that will be printed on the patient receipt. This would include:
- Time of service
- Payment collection
- Co-insurance payment collection
- Check Email Patient Receipt checkbox if patient provided email.
Patient clicks the Accept Terms button. The system displays the Acceptance of Terms window with legal information related to the patient agreement.
Note: if a product is not placed on the patient agreement, the system will not allow the PA to advance. The Accept Terms button will be disabled until a product is added to the agreement.
- Patient clicks the I Accept These Terms button if the patient accepts the terms of the patient agreement. The system opens the Patient Signature field.
Patient or the guarantor signs his/her name on the iPad.
Note: For a paper PPA, write See PPA in the Patient Signature field.
- Patient clicks the Save Signature button. The system date stamps the patient agreement with the time the patient or the guarantor signed the document.
- Patient selects the appropriate guarantor from the Guarantor Relationship drop-down menu.
- Patient enters the Guarantor Name.
Check the Verbal Prescription received from Physician checkbox to confirm that a physician has verbally prescribed the products you are about to dispense.
Note: For a paper PPA, check the Script Faxed checkbox as well.
- Click the Create Patient Agreement button. The system creates the patient agreement.
- Determine whether you need to upload a digital copy of the paper PPA or other file.