This process allows you to verify that any claims that need to be submitted to a special biller or third party have been logged on Invoice Only spreadsheet and/or faxed to the appropriate party for billing. PAs must be archived in order for them to be complete and not be displayed on the Billing Summary screen.
Each OfficeCare account has different processes for special billing and third party PAs from MotionMD. If you were given specific instructions on how to handle them, continue to do as you were instructed by your RSM or MotionMD Implementation Lead.
- After a claim has been scrubbed (see Scrub a Claim procedure), at the top of the screen, click on the Clinical drop-down menu, select Patient Agreements.
- To filter patient agreements, click the All drop-down menu and select Billing.
- Filter by Special Billing or Third Party Year to Date.
- Access the Invoice Only spreadsheet. Log each patient, the product they received and the date of service.
- Click Download for product listed.
- Open the patient agreement.
- Save the product agreement as a PDF.
- Submit PDF via efax to special biller or third party.
- Click View button to view the patient agreement.
- From the Actions menu, click Archive. The system opens a Reason field. Note that you added the information to the Invoice Only spreadsheet and/or that you faxed the PA to the special biller.
Click the Archive button. The system updates the patient agreement with any notes including the archive date.
Note: You may restore the patient agreement by accessing the original PA and clicking the Restore button.